Radisson Hotel, Mumbai Andheri MIDC
Thrusday, 23rd February, 2023
“ICDC Copper Conference 2023” organized by Indian Copper Development Centre (ICDC) was held in Mumbai on 23rd February, 2023”.
Mr. Arun Kumar Shukla, Chairman and Managing Director, Hindustan Copper Limited delivered the inaugural address. The inaugural session of the Conference was presided over by Mr. B. K. Binani, Managing Director, Rashtriya Metal Industries Ltd. and Chairman, Board of Management of ICDC.
The inaugural session commenced with the Welcome Address by Mr. Sumit Dhody, Vice President, Mipalloy and Member, Board of Management of ICDC. The session concluded with the Vote of Thanks proposed by Dr. D. De Sarkar, Chief Executive Officer, Indian Copper Development Centre.
The following papers were submitted by different Railway organisations and suppliers to the Railways :
· “Opprtunities for Copper in the Global Scenario for 2023 and Beyond”
by Mr. Carlos Risopatron, International Copper Study Group, Portugal
· “GHG Emission Assessment and Reduction from Primary and Secondary Copper Industries in Order to Meet Net Zero Emission Target of GOI”
by Dr. B. Sengupta, Former Member Secretary of CPCB, New Delhi
· “Water Conservation through Adiabatic Cooling Technology”
by Mr. Laxmikant Dandawate, Star Coolers and Condensers Pvt. Ltd., Pune
· “Innovation in Copper Melting Technology”
by Mr. Ajit Chaturvedi, Inductotherm (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
· “CONTIROD – The Answer for a Greener World and Readiness for Future”
by Mr. Thomas Schatz, SMS group GmbH, Germany
· “The Role of Optical Emission Spectrometer (OES) in Meeting Stringent Regulatory Requirements in the Copper Industry”
by Mr. Mukund Pant, Metal Power Analytical Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
· “An Overview on Copper Conductor Manufacturing for Railway and Power Transformer”
by Mr. S. K. Jana, Apar Industries Ltd., Silvassa
· “How Proper Lubrication Practices Can Improve Efficiency”
by Mr. Partha Pratim Seal, Carl Bechem Lubricants India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
· “Non Destructive Testing Equipments for Copper & Copper Alloy Products for Detecting Manufacturing Defects”
by Mr. Shyam Thakur, Electronic and Engineering Co. (I) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
· “Standard Formulation Process of BIS and Standardization in the Field of Copper and Copper Alloys”
by Mr. Vishal Kumar Rana, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
The conference was attended by a large number of participants from various parts of the country representing primary copper producers, downstream semis and conductor manufacturers, equipment and auxiliary suppliers as also associations connected with the Indian copper industry.
The two presentation sessions were chaired by Mr. D. K. Jain of Agrawal Metal Works Pvt. Ltd. & Member of Board of Management, ICDC and Ms. Divya Pandya of Rashtriya Metal Industries Ltd. Each presentation session was followed by very lively discussions where the participants interacted with the presenters.