22nd November, 2018
Indian Copper Development Centre (ICDC) in association with Jamnagar Factory Owner’s Association organized a Workshop on “Melting and Casting of Copper & Copper Alloys” in Jamnagar on 22nd November, 2018.
During the Opening Session, Mr. Paresh Shah of Rupam Overseas welcomed the participants. He briefed the role played by ICDC for the benefit of Indian copper & copper alloy industry during the past five decades of its existence. Mr. LakhabhaiKeshwala, President & Mr. BharatbhaiDodhia, Secretary of Jamnagar Factory Owner’s Association also addressed the participants. Mr. Jinesh Shah, Director, RajhansImpex Pvt. Ltd., highlightedhow Jamnagar has progressed over the years to become brass manufacturing hub of international repute over the years and is exporting products to various countries. Dr. D. De Sarkar, CEO, ICDC, in his address mentioned the importance of the workshop in Jamnagar. The Opening Session concluded with Vote of Thanks proposed by Mr. Indrajit Mukherjee, Metallurgist, ICDC.
The workshop was attended by about 100 participants which included mostly the extrusion industries of Jamnagar. Participants from manufacturers of induction furnace, refractories, crucibles, continuous casting machines and spectrometers, also participated.
The following papers were presented during the technical session :
· Role of Alloying Elements & Effect of Impurities
by Indrajit Mukherjee, Indian Copper Development Centre, Kolkata
· Usefulness and Best Operating Practice for Induction Furnace for Melting Copper and Copper Based Alloys
by B. G. Shah &ChetanGosalia,Pioneer Furnaces Pvt. Ltd., VithalUdyognagar, (Gujarat)
· Refractory Troubleshooting for Coreless and Channel Furnaces
byHemang Shah, Allied Refractory Products India Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
· Crucible for Induction Furnaces
by RamdasChitalkar&ShreyasJajoo, Morganite Crucible India Ltd., Aurangabad
· Utility of Optical Emission Spectrometer in Metal Industry
by N. R. Shenoy, Raman Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai (Presented by S. Balaji)
· Horizontal Square Bar Continuous Casting Machine for Free Cutting Brass
by Deepak Pathak, Multi Tech Engineers, Jagadhri
· Horizontal Continuous Casting Equipments for Single Strip Caster
by R. H. Pachauri, Vem Industrial Control, Mathura
· Spectrometers for Copper Industries : Increase Profits, Save Cost, Improve Quality and Much More
by Mukund Pant, Metal Power Analytical (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
· Process Control During Melting and Casting to Improve Quality and Yield
by Dr. D. De Sarkar, Indian Copper Development Centre, Kolkata
Dr. D. De Sarkar and Mr. PareshVadhar chaired the two sessions. After each session there were very lively interactive discussions when the authors replied to various queries raised by the participants. The participants found the programme very useful for them and requested the organisers for more such programmes, in future.